Covington Country Club was organized and incorporated in June 1954, by a group of local businessmen. Its first president was Mr. A. R. Blossman, Sr. Mr. Blossman donated 85 acres of land on the east bank of the Tchefuncte river for the first nine-hole golf course, tennis courts and clubhouse. He also used his company's equipment to build a 10,00 sq ft clubhouse, pool, patio and golf course. The club was the first country club on the north shore - also it was the first 9-hole golf course.
The club was an instant success and over the next 15 years the clubhouse was doubled in size, a cabana, tennis clubhouse, four new tennis courts, 60 acres of land and an additional 9-holes of golf were added.
The clubhouse has been the setting for over 3,000 weddings, birthday parties, class reunions, and other social events. It has been the social center for west St. Tammany Parish, for the past 50 years.
On November 21, 2003, the club was purchased by Dick Blossman, (son of the founder) and his wife Lynn. Under their ownership, the clubhouse and golf course has been under major renovations, including a total facelift, new furniture, new equipment, new golf carts, new irrigation system and a fresh team of workers, who love to be part of the reborn resort/country club. The business plan is to be the best on the north shore.
(The information on this page is from the Covington Country Club website. For the most up to date information please contact the course directly)
$18 - $50